Friday, December 16, 2011

Excuse me?



My plan was for the next post to discuss what drives a learner. Before I do, however, I wanted to clarify a couple of things.

One of my goals for this blog is to take a look at our basic definitions of Learning and Education and offer new definitions and a new framework for understanding these essential elements of our society. As we build this framework, I’ll post the skeleton of which on the Basic LDS Principles page and then we’ll begin fleshing it out by applying it to existing educational forms and opportunities within our homes, our communities, and our world.

The next thing I want to do is clarify what, essentially, a Learner is.

Here is what I posted previously:

Let’s define a Learner as 
someone who is actively looking for something.

If that’s the case, what are they looking for?

I would suggest that 
a Learner is basically looking for the means to
~       reach a goal
~       fill a need
~       recreate

We can refine that to say:

A Learner is
someone who is actively looking to fill a need.
If that’s the case, what needs are they trying to fill?
I would suggest that 
a Learner is basically looking to meet
~ immediate needs
~ long term needs

Now, on to what Drives a Learner!

~vbb

1 comment:

  1. BTW, Google thinks I'm in the States because of my VPN (google it). So I actually posted this on Saturday here in China.

    ReplyDelete